Subclass 188 Premium Investor Stream Document Checklist

Identity documents   You and any family members who apply for the visa with you, must provide: Colour copies of the pages of your current passport showing your photo, personal details, and passport issue and expiry dates. Also provide: a national identity card, if you have one proof of change of name, if applicable Documents that prove a change of name include: a marriage or divorce certificate change of name documents from an Australian Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages, or the relevant overseas authority documents that show other names you have been known by
A statement of Assets and Liabilities Position   Provide a Statement of Assets and Liabilities Position (SALP) by filling out Form 1139A Statement of Assets and Liabilities Position (146KB PDF). Complete the form as at a date less than 3 months before the date you were invited to apply for this visa  
Evidence of ownership and value of assets   Provide evidence that you own the assets you propose to use to make the complying investments. Also give us evidence of their value (minimum AUD15 million). You must include evidence of liabilities (if any) against each asset. For example, mortgages, loans including unsecured and third party loans, and credit cards. Provide evidence for each asset and liability recorded in the SALP. Label each document, identify the asset or liability and cross-reference it to the SALP. For cash assets, provide bank statements or certificates of deposit for the date nominated on your SALP. For real estate assets, provide the following for the dates nominated on your SALP: evidence of ownership (title deeds) evidence of value (valuation certificate by an accredited property valuer) evidence of relevant mortgage For business loans, provide the following for the date nominated on your SALP: loan agreements loan ledger listing all loan transactions bank statements for you/your spouse and the business, showing all loan transactions For business ownership, provide evidence of ownership for the date nominated on your SALP. This may include one or more of the following: evidence of purchase share registers company registers share transfer documents historical company extracts annual returns of directors and shareholders partnership, trust or franchise agreements For listed companies, provide the published annual report. For unlisted companies, provide financial statements. An independent accountant must prepare these financial statements to international accounting standards. Or provide a review report prepared by qualified auditors in accordance with ISRE2400. For stocks and bonds, provide stocks trading account statements; stocks or bonds registers; stocks, fixed interest securities or debentures certificates, or transfer certificates. Provide these for the date nominated on your SALP. For assets held via a trust, provide a complete copy of the trust deeds, including all schedules.  
How you will make your investment   Provide a signed declaration on your proposed method of fund transfer to make the complying premium investment.
Your investment intentions   Provide an overview of your complying premium investment intentions. This must include an outline of your intended investments in Australia.  
Source of funds   You need to provide your asset portfolio’s source of funds You need to provide a signed declaration listing the sources of funds for your asset portfolio, and that these funds were lawfully acquired. Also provide evidence to support your source of funds declaration: for business income, provide evidence of business ownership, performance and profit distribution. For example, company registration and shareholder records, financial statements or taxation records for investment income, provide evidence of investment activities and performance. For example, statements issued by stocks trading company, property purchase and sale contracts, leases or investment product contracts. for gifted or inherited assets, provide duly witnessed gift deeds or wills. Also give us other evidence demonstrating how the original owner accumulated the assets for historical accumulation of wealth where official verifiable evidence is no longer available, provide bank records demonstrating continuous ownership of funds over a substantial period. for assets held in Australia, provide evidence which links the assets to the declared sources We will tell you when you need to make the complying premium investment and when we need this evidence. You must make the complying premium investment after you have applied for the visa. You will need to show that the funds used to make the complying premium investment originate from the assets nominated to make the complying premium investment. The trail of funds must also be reasonably established with supporting evidence  
English language documents   Privide proof that you and dependants 18 years or older (at time of applying for this visa) have at least functional English. If you can’t provide evidence of having at least functional English must second visa application charge. If you or your dependants have less than functional English, provide a statement indicating your intention to pay the second visa application charge for each person with less than functional English. We will advise you when to pay this.  
Character documents   You and any family members who apply for the visa with you, provide: Form 80 Personal particulars for assessment including character assessment (554KB PDF)  an overseas police certificate from every country, including your home country, where you spent a total of 12 months or more in the last 10 years since you turned 16 military service records or discharge papers if you served in the armed forces of any country  
Partner documents   Provide your partner’s: identity documents character documents documents about other relationships, if applicable Provide either: your current marriage certificate or enough documents to prove you have been in a de facto relationship with your partner for at least 12 months before you apply Documents that prove your de facto relationship include: joint bank account statements billing accounts in joint names joint leases or mortgages documents that show your partner has lived at the same address as you  
Dependants under 18 documents   For every dependant 18 years old or younger who is applying with you, provide: copies of birth certificates or the family book showing the names of both parents of all your dependent children copies of the adoption paper, if applicable.  Parental responsibility documents You must get consent for any applicant under 18 years of age to migrate to Australia from anyone who: has a legal right to decide where the child lives and is not coming to Australia with the child They must complete either: Form 1229 Consent form to grant an Australian visa to a child under the age of 18 years (168KB PDF) a statutory declaration giving their consent for the child to visit Australia on this visa Alternatively, you can show us: an Australian court order that allows your child to migrate to Australia, or that the laws of your home country allow them to migrate Include: an identity document that shows the signature and photo of the person who completed the form or declaration, such as a passport or driver’s licence adoption papers or other court documents if applicable Note: If your child is likely to turn 18 while your application is being processed, you will need to provide evidence they are dependent on you. See the section ‘Dependants over 18 documents’ below for further information. A child who turns 18 while your application is being processed and who is not dependent on you cannot satisfy the criteria for this visa.  
Dependants over 18 documents   To include your child who is over 18 in your visa application, they must be: over 18 years of age but not yet turned 23, and dependent on you or your partner, or over 23 years of age, unable to earn a living to support themselves due to physical or cognitive limitations and dependent on you or your partner Provide: identity documents documents about their other relationships, if applicable character documents If your child is likely to turn 23 while your application is being processed, you will need to provide evidence they are dependent on you due to disability.  
Proof of dependency   You must also provide proof the child is dependent on you. proof of your relationship with the dependant such as a birth certificate or adoption papers a completed Form 47a Details of a child or other dependent family member aged 18 years or over (241KB PDF) if the child is aged 23 or is likely to turn 23 while your application is being processed, you must also provide a report from a qualified medical practitioner that states they are dependent on you or your partner due to the total or partial loss of their bodily or mental functions You must also prove this person has been financially dependent on you for at least 12 months before you apply. You could provide: proof they live with you their tax records proof they are currently studying proof of payments made by you to them or on their behalf Note: A child who turns 23 while your application is being processed and who does not meet these requirements cannot satisfy the criteria for this visa.  
Translate   Have all non-English documents translated into English. Translators in Australia must be accredited by the National Accreditation Authority for Translators and Interpreters. Translators outside Australia do not have to be accredited. But on each translation, they must include their: full name address and telephone number qualifications and experience in the language they are translating These details must be in English. Note: You do not need to have any documents certified.  
Scan or photograph   Scan or photograph all documents (English and non-English) in colour. The scans and photos must be clear. If a document is more than one page, save it all as one file.  
Applying from China, Macau, Hong Kong or Taiwan   If you are applying from China, Macau, Hong Kong or Taiwan, please use the document checklist from the Australian Consulate General Hong Kong.