This provisional visa requires you to invest at least AUD 1.5 million in an Australian State or Territory and maintain business or investment activity in Australia.
- Be nominated
- Have managed a qualifying business or investments to the value of at least AUD 1.5million.
- Have assets of AUD 2.25 million
- Make an investment of AUD1.5 million in your nominating State or Territory
- Have the right experience
- Intend to live in a specific State or Territory
- Be under 55
- Not have a history involvement in unacceptable activities
- Score at least 65 on the points test. Read: Points table for Business Innovation and Investment (Provisional) visa (subclass 188)
Period of Stay
4 years and 3 months
This visa costs AUD 5,375 for the main applicant.
There is also a charge for each family member who applies for the visa with you:
• additional applicant over 18 years old: AUD 2,685
• additional applicant under 18 years old: AUD 1,345
You must pay an extra charge for any applicant 18 years old or older who has less than functional English.
This charge is the second instalment. Pay it only when you are asked to do so. It will be refunded if you are not granted the visa.
The second instalment charges are:
• main applicant: AUD9795
• family members: AUD4890
You might also have to pay other costs for health checks, police certificates and biometrics.
There are no standard processing times available for this stream.