Significant Investor stream
This provisional visa is for people who invest at least AUD5 million in Australian investments that meet certain requirements and maintain investment activity in Australia.
- be invited to apply for this visa
- be nominated by a State or Territory government agency or Austrade to invest at least AUD 5 million that meets certain requirements and have a genuine intention to hold that investment for at least for 4 years
- have a genuine intention to live in the State or Territory whose government agency nominates you
- have functional English language
Period of Stay
Up to 4 years and 3 months.
This visa costs AUD 7,880 for the main applicant.
There is also a charge for each family member who applies for the visa with you.
• additional applicant over 18 years old: AUD 3,940
• additional applicant under 18 years old: AUD 1,975
You will have to pay the second instalment of the visa application charge for any applicant who was at least 18 years old at the time of application, and satisfies the secondary criteria for the grant of a subclass 888 visa and is assesssed as not having functional English and has not paid a second instalment of the visa application charge in relation to an application for their Business Innovation and Investment (Provisional) (subclass 188) visa.
Pay it only when you are asked to do so. This will be refunded if the visa is not granted to the applicant.
The second instalment charges are:
• main applicant: AUD 9,795
• family members: AUD 4,890
You might also have to pay other costs for health checks, police certificates and biometrics.
There are no standard processing times available for this stream.
Read: Subclass 188 Significant Investor Stream Document Checklist