Business Innovation stream
This provisional visa is for people with business skills. It lets you operate a new or existing business in Australia.
- Be nominated
- Have business ownership
- Own personal and business assets of at least AUD 800,000
- Have a successful business career
- Be under 55
- Not have a history of involvement in unacceptable activities
- Score at least 65 on the points test. Read: Points table for Business Innovation and Investment (Provisional) visa (subclass 188)
Period of Stay
Stay Up to 4 years and 3 months
This visa costs AUD5,375 for the main applicant.
There is also a charge for each family member who applies for the visa with you:
• additional applicant over 18 years old: AUD 2,685
• additional applicant under 18 years old: AUD 1,345
You must pay an extra charge for any applicant 18 years old or older who has less than functional English.
This charge is the second instalment. Pay it only when you are asked to do so. It will be refunded if you are not granted the visa.
The second instalment charges are:
• main applicant: AUD 9795
• family members: AUD 4890
You might also have to pay other costs for health checks, police certificates and biometrics.
There are no standard processing times available for this stream.