Premium Investor stream
This provisional visa is for people who are nominated by Austrade and who invest at least AUD15 million in Australian investments and/or philanthropic contributions.
- be nominated by Austrade
- be invited to apply for this visa invest at least AUD 15 million in Australian investments and/or philanthropic contributions that meet certain requirements
- have a genuine intention to hold the investment for the whole period of the visa (except any part of the investment that is a philanthropic contribution)
- Not have a history of involvement in unacceptable activities
- Have functional English
Period of Stay
4 years and 3 months
This visa costs AUD 9,455 for the main applicant.
There is also a charge for each family member who applies for the visa with you:
• family members over 18 years old: AUD 4,725
• family members under 18 years old: AUD 2,365
You must pay an extra charge for any applicant 18 years old or older who has less than functional English. This charge is the second instalment. Pay it only when you are asked to do it. This will be refunded if you are not granted the visa.
The second instalment charges are:
• main applicant: AUD 9,795
• family members: AUD 4,890
You might also have to pay other costs for health checks, police certificates and biometrics.
There are no standard processing times available for this stream.