ANZSCO code 272413
Transfers a source text from one language into another, usually within an extended time frame to allow for corrections and modifications and without the presence of the participants requiring the translation.
Skill Level 1
Occupations at Skill Level 1 have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- National Accreditation Authority for Translators and Interpreters (NAATI)
Unit Group 2724: Social Professionals
Research and study human behaviour, society and institutions from current and historical perspectives, and verbally render spoken statements, and transcribe text and recorded spoken material from one language into another.
Indicative Skill Level In Australia and New Zealand: Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
- Assembling historical data by consulting sources of information such as historical indexes and catalogues, archives, court records, diaries, newspaper files and other materials
- Organising, authenticating, evaluating and interpreting historical, political, sociological, archaeological, anthropological and linguistic data
- Undertaking historical and cultural research into human activity, and preparing and presenting research findings
- Providing simultaneous and consecutive verbal or signed renditions of speeches into another language
- Rendering the meaning and feeling of what is said and signed into another language in the appropriate register and style in a range of settings such as courts, hospitals, schools, workplaces and conferences
- Studying original texts and transcripts of recorded spoken material to comprehend subject matter and translating them into another language
- Rendering the meaning and feeling of written material, such as literary, legal, technical and scientific texts, into another language in the appropriate register and style, so that it will read as an original piece rather than as a translation
Other occupations in this Unit Group
- 272411: Historian
- 272412: Interpreter
- 272414: Archaeologist
- 272499: Social Professionals nec