ANZSCO code 254414
Registered Nurse (Community Health)
Provides nursing care, health counselling, screening and education to individuals, families and groups in the wider community with a focus on patient independence and health promotion. Registration or licensing is required.
Skill Level 1
Occupations at Skill Level 1 have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- Australian Nursing and Midwifery Accreditation Council (ANMAC)
- Registered Nurse (Health Education and Promotion)
- Registered Nurse (Public Health)
- Registered Nurse (School Nurse)
Specialisation titles are any commonly used titles which refer to a subset of jobs belonging to the occupation designated in the principal title. These jobs involve the performance of specialised tasks rather than the broader range of tasks usually performed in the occupation.
Unit Group 2544: Registered Nurses
Provide nursing care to patients in hospitals, aged care and other health care facilities, and in the community.
Indicative Skill Level
In Australia and New Zealand: Occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1). Registration or licensing is required.
- Assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating nursing care for patients according to accepted nursing practice and standards
- Working in consultation with other Health Professionals and members of health teams, and coordinating the care of patients
- Providing interventions, treatments and therapies such as medications, and monitoring responses to treatment and care plan
- Promoting health and assisting in preventing ill health by participating in health education and other health promotion activities
- Answering questions and providing information to patients and families about treatment and care
- Supervising and coordinating the work of Enrolled Nurses and other health care workers
Other occupations in this Unit Group
- 254411: Nurse Practitioner
- 254412: Registered Nurse (Aged Care)
- 254413: Registered Nurse (Child and Family Health)
- 254415: Registered Nurse (Critical Care and Emergency)
- 254416: Registered Nurse (Developmental Disability)
- 254417: Registered Nurse (Disability and Rehabilitation)
- 254418: Registered Nurse (Medical)
- 254421: Registered Nurse (Medical Practice)
- 254422: Registered Nurse (Mental Health)
- 254423: Registered Nurse (Perioperative)
- 254424: Registered Nurse (Surgical)
- 254425: Registered Nurse (Paediatrics)
- 254499: Registered Nurses nec