ANZSCO code 233914
Analyses and modifies new and existing engineering technologies and applies them in the testing and implementation of engineering projects. Registration or licensing may be required.
Skill Level 1
Occupations at Skill Level 1 have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- Assessing Authority
- Engineers Australia (EA)
- Aeronautical Engineering Technologist
- Agricultural Engineering Technologist
- Biomedical Engineering Technologist
- Chemical Engineering Technologist
- Industrial Engineering Technologist
- Mining Engineering Technologist
Specialisation titles are any commonly used titles which refer to a subset of jobs belonging to the occupation designated in the principal title. These jobs involve the performance of specialised tasks rather than the broader range of tasks usually performed in the occupation.
Unit Group 2339: Other Engineering Professionals
This unit group covers Engineering Professionals not elsewhere classified. It includes Aeronautical Engineers, Agricultural Engineers, Biomedical Engineers, Engineering Technologists, Environmental Engineers and Naval Architects (Aus) / Marine Designers (NZ).
Indicative Skill Level
In Australia and New Zealand: Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1). Registration or licensing may be required.
- Other occupations in this Unit Group
- 233911: Aeronautical Engineer
- 233912: Agricultural Engineer
- 233913: Biomedical Engineer
- 233915: Environmental Engineer
- 233916: Naval Architect / Marine Designer
- 233999: Engineering Professionals nec