149413: Transport Company Manager
Organises and controls the operations of an enterprise that operates a fleet of vehicles to transport goods and passengers. Registration or licensing may be required. Skill Level 2 Occupations at Skill Level 2 have a level of skill commensurate with one of the following: – NZ Register Diploma or – AQF Associate Degree, Advanced Diploma or Diploma. At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- Vocational Education and Training Assessment Services (VETASSESS)
- Bus Company Manager
- Car Rental Agency Manager
Specialisation titles are any commonly used titles which refer to a subset of jobs belonging to the occupation designated in the principal title. These jobs involve the performance of specialised tasks rather than the broader range of tasks usually performed in the occupation.
Unit Group 1494: Transport Services Managers
Organise and control the buying and selling of vehicles for rental agencies and coordinate the leasing of vehicles, the operations of railway stations, and the operations of enterprises that operate fleets of vehicles to transport goods and passengers.
Indicative Skill Level
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below. In Australia: AQF Associate Degree, Advanced Diploma or Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2) In New Zealand: NZQF Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2) At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification. Registration or licensing may be required.
- Organising the purchase and maintenance of transport vehicles, equipment and fuel
- Liaising with clients to determine requirements and providing customers with advice and information regarding vehicle type, purchase or hire rates and obligations and handling complaints
- Receiving orders and bookings, and planning and implementing transportation schedules
- Ensuring goods are stored and transported in conditions that will maintain their quality
- Arranging collection and delivery of vehicles and goods
- Maintaining business records and preparing operational statements and reports
- Coordinating activities associated with the arrival, departure, loading and unloading of trains
- Ensuring compliance with occupational health and safety regulations
Other occupations in this Unit Group
- 149411: Fleet Manager
- 149412: Railway Station Manager