ANZSCO code 142115
Post Office Manager
Organises and controls the operations of a post office.
Skill Level 2
Occupations at Skill Level 2 have a level of skill commensurate with one of the following: – NZ Register Diploma or – AQF Associate Degree, Advanced Diploma or Diploma. At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- Vocational Education and Training Assessment Services (VETASSESS)
Unit Group 1421: Retail Managers
Organise and control the operations of establishments which provide retail services.
Indicative Skill Level Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below. In Australia: AQF Associate Degree, Advanced Diploma or Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2) In New Zealand: NZQF Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2) At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification. Registration or licensing may be required.
- Determining product mix, stock levels and service standards
- Formulating and implementing purchasing and marketing policies, and setting prices
- Promoting and advertising the establishment’s goods and services
- Selling goods and services to customers and advising them on product use
- Maintaining records of stock levels and financial transactions
- Undertaking budgeting for the establishment
- Controlling selection, training and supervision of staff
- Ensuring compliance with occupational health and safety regulations
Other occupations in this Unit Group
- 142111: Retail Manager (General)
- 142112: Antique Dealer
- 142113: Betting Agency Manager
- 142114: Hair or Beauty Salon Manager
- 142116: Travel Agency Manager