ANZSCO code 132411
Policy and Planning Manager
Plans, organises, directs, controls and coordinates policy advice and strategic planning within an organisation.
Skill Level 1
Occupations at Skill Level 1 have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- Vocational Education and Training Assessment Services (VETASSESS)
- Public Policy Manager
Alternative titles are any commonly used alternative title (or titles) for the occupation. These alternative titles have the same meaning as the principal title but may be less commonly used.
- Corporate Planning Manager
- Strategic Planning Manager
Specialisation titles are any commonly used titles which refer to a subset of jobs belonging to the occupation designated in the principal title. These jobs involve the performance of specialised tasks rather than the broader range of tasks usually performed in the occupation.
Unit Group 1324: Policy and Planning Managers
Plan, organise, direct, control and coordinate policy advice and strategic planning within organisations.
Indicative Skill Level In Australia and New Zealand: Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
- Developing, implementing and monitoring strategic plans, programs, policies, processes, systems and procedures to achieve goals, objectives and work standards
- Developing, implementing, administering and participating in policy research and analysis
- Coordinating the implementation of policies and practices
- Establishing activity measures and measurements of accountability
- Overseeing and participating in the development of policy documents and reports
- Consulting with and providing expert advice to government officials and board members on policy, program and legislative issues
- Representing the organisation in negotiations, and at conventions, seminars, public hearings and forums convened to discuss policy issues