ANZSCO code 121315
Plans, organises, controls, coordinates and performs farming operations to breed and raise goats for fibre, milk, meat and breeding stock.
Skill Level 1
Occupations at Skill Level 1 have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- Vocational Education and Training Assessment Services (VETASSESS)
Unit Group 1213: Livestock Farmers
Plan, organise, control, coordinate and perform farming operations to breed and raise livestock.
Indicative Skill Level In Australia and New Zealand: Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
- Breeding and raising livestock for the production of honey, meat, milk, skins, eggs and wool
- Monitoring and maintaining the health and condition of livestock
- Providing pastures and fodder to maintain appropriate nutritional levels
- Moving livestock to optimise feeding opportunities
- Organising and conducting farming operations such as catching, drenching and milking livestock, sterilising machines, and collecting, grading and packaging produce
- Directing and overseeing general farming activities such as maintaining pens, sheds and cages, fertilising, controlling pests and weeds, and growing fodder
- Maintaining fences, equipment and water supply systems
- Organising the sale, purchase and transportation of livestock and produce
- Maintaining and evaluating records of farming activities, monitoring market activity and planning production accordingly
- Managing business capital including budgeting, taxation, debt and loan management
- May select, train and supervise staff and contractors
Other occupations in this Unit Group
- 121311: Apiarist
- 121312: Beef Cattle Farmer
- 121313: Dairy Cattle Farmer
- 121314: Deer Farmer
- 121316: Horse Breeder
- 121317: Mixed Livestock Farmer
- 121318: Pig Farmer
- 121321: Poultry Farmer
- 121322: Sheep Farmer
- 121399: Livestock Farmers nec