Plans, organises, controls, coordinates and operates apiaries to produce honey, queen bee pollen, beeswax and royal jelly, breed queen bees and pollinate crops. Skill Level 1 Occupations at Skill Level 1 have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- Vocational Education and Training Assessment Services (VETASSESS)
Alternative titles are any commonly used alternative title (or titles) for the occupation. These alternative titles have the same meaning as the principal title but may be less commonly used.
Unit Group 1213: Livestock Farmers
Plan, organise, control, coordinate and perform farming operations to breed and raise livestock.
Indicative Skill Level
In Australia and New Zealand: Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
- Breeding and raising livestock for the production of honey, meat, milk, skins, eggs and wool
- Monitoring and maintaining the health and condition of livestock
- Providing pastures and fodder to maintain appropriate nutritional levels
- Moving livestock to optimise feeding opportunities
- Organising and conducting farming operations such as catching, drenching and milking livestock, sterilising machines, and collecting, grading and packaging produce
- Directing and overseeing general farming activities such as maintaining pens, sheds and cages, fertilising, controlling pests and weeds, and growing fodder
- Maintaining fences, equipment and water supply systems
- Organising the sale, purchase and transportation of livestock and produce
- Maintaining and evaluating records of farming activities, monitoring market activity and planning production accordingly
- Managing business capital including budgeting, taxation, debt and loan management
- May select, train and supervise staff and contractors
Other occupations in this Unit Group
- 121312: Beef Cattle Farmer
- 121313: Dairy Cattle Farmer
- 121314: Deer Farmer
- 121315: Goat Farmer
- 121316: Horse Breeder
- 121317: Mixed Livestock Farmer
- 121318: Pig Farmer
- 121321: Poultry Farmer
- 121322: Sheep Farmer
- 121399: Livestock Farmers nec