6312 – Executive housekeepers
Executive housekeepers direct and control the operations of housekeeping departments within hotels, hospitals and other establishments.
Index of titles
- Assistant executive housekeeper
- Assistant housekeeping manager
- Executive housekeeper
- Hospital executive housekeeper
- Hotel executive housekeeper
- Housekeeping director
- Housekeeping manager
This group performs some or all of the following duties:
- Manage the operations of the housekeeping department
- Plan and co-ordinate the activities of housekeeping supervisors and their crews
- Conduct inspections to ensure that departmental standards and health and safety regulations are being met
- Select and purchase equipment and supplies, and maintain inventory
- Arrange for maintenance and repair of equipment and machinery
- Hire, train and supervise housekeeping staff
- Maintain financial records and prepare budgets, payroll and employee schedules.
- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- A university degree or college diploma in hospital management, hotel management or business administration is usually required.
- Extensive experience as a cleaning supervisor may substitute for formal education requirements.
- Accommodation service managers (0632)
- Facility operation and maintenance managers (0714)
- Housekeeping supervisors (in 6315 Cleaning supervisors)