1213 – Supervisors, library, correspondence and related information workers
Supervisors of library, correspondence and related information workers supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers in the following unit groups: Library assistants and clerks (1451), Correspondence, publication and regulatory clerks (1452) and Survey interviewers and statistical clerks (1454). They are employed throughout the public and private sectors.
Index of titles
- Advertising clerks supervisor
- Census area manager
- Census area manager assistant
- Census commissioner
- Census commissioner assistant
- Census district manager
- Communication clerks supervisor
- Copyright clearance supervisor
- Correspondence clerks supervisor
- Court reporters supervisor
- Customs clerks supervisor
- Fingerprint classifier supervisor
- Law archivists supervisor
- Legal services record writers supervisor
- Library clerks supervisor
- Library loans supervisor
- Licence clerks supervisor
- Passport office supervisor
- Public opinion interviewers supervisor
- Publication clerks supervisor
- Regional census manager
- Statistical clerks supervisor
- Survey interviewers supervisor
This group performs some or all of the following duties:
- Co-ordinate, assign and review the work of clerks engaged in the following duties: conducting surveys and interviews; collecting and compiling statistics; preparing and issuing licences, passports and other regulatory documents; reshelving books and performing other tasks in libraries; writing correspondence including e-mails and preparing material for translation and publication
- Establish work schedules and procedures and co-ordinate activities with other work units or departments
- Resolve work-related problems, monitor services provided by clerks and agents, and prepare and submit progress and other reports
- Train workers in job duties and company policies
- Requisition supplies and materials
- Ensure smooth operation of computer systems and equipment and arrange for maintenance and repair work
- May perform the same duties as workers supervised.
- Completion of secondary school is required.
- Completion of college courses related to area supervised may be required.
- Experience in the clerical occupation supervised is usually required.
- Librarians (5111)
- Library and public archive technicians (5211)
- Supervisors, mail and message distribution occupations (1214)