ANZSCO code 334113
Drainer / Drainlayer
Installs, maintains and designs below-ground drainage systems and associated sewerage or effluent disposal systems. Registration or licensing is required.
Skill Level 3
Occupations at Skill Level 3 have a level of skill commensurate with one of the following: – NZ Register Level 4 qualification – AQF Certificate IV or – AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training. At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- Trades Recognition Australia (TRA)
- Septic Tank Installer
Specialisation titles are any commonly used titles which refer to a subset of jobs belonging to the occupation designated in the principal title. These jobs involve the performance of specialised tasks rather than the broader range of tasks usually performed in the occupation.
Unit Group 3341: Plumbers
Install, maintain and repair pipes, drains, guttering and metal roofing, mechanical services and related equipment for water supply, gas, drainage, sewerage, heating, cooling and ventilation systems.
Indicative Skill Level
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below. In Australia: AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3) In New Zealand: NZQF Level 4 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 3) At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification. Registration or licensing is required.
- Studying blueprints, drawings and specifications to determine the layout of plumbing systems and materials required
- Setting out and installing hot and cold water systems and associated equipment
- Installing water-based fire protections systems, including fire hydrants, hose reels and sprinkler systems
- Designing and installing sanitary plumbing and water supply systems, discharge pipes and sanitary fixtures
- Fabricating and installing soil and waste stacks
- Assembling and installing mechanical services plant, air handling and conditioning equipment and small bore heating systems
- Installing sewerage and effluent pumping equipment and disposal systems
- Installing below-ground drainage systems and associated ground support systems
- Installing gas appliances, flues and pressure regulating devices
- Fabricating and installing metal roofing, rainwater goods and flashings
Other occupations in this Unit Group
- 334111: Plumber (General)
- 334112: Airconditioning and Mechanical Services Plumber
- 334114: Gasfitter
- 334115: Roof Plumber