ANZSCO code 333111
Measures, cuts, finishes, fits and installs flat glass and mirrors.
Skill Level 3
Occupations at Skill Level 3 have a level of skill commensurate with one of the following: – NZ Register Level 4 qualification – AQF Certificate IV or – AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training. At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- Trades Recognition Australia (TRA)
- Glass Beveller
- Glass Embosser
- Glass Etcher
- Glass Silverer
Specialisation titles are any commonly used titles which refer to a subset of jobs belonging to the occupation designated in the principal title. These jobs involve the performance of specialised tasks rather than the broader range of tasks usually performed in the occupation.
Unit Group 3331: Glaziers
Measure, cut, finish, fit and install flat glass and mirrors.
Indicative Skill Level
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below. In Australia: AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3) In New Zealand: NZQF Level 4 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 3) At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- Determining type and dimensions of glass required
- Laying glass over patterns on padded tables and in jigs
- Measuring and marking glass for cutting
- Examining glass and marking defective areas
- Cutting along patterns and templates
- Breaking off sheets and excess glass with notched tools and glass pliers
- Installing glass and mirrors in windows, skylights, display cases, interior walls and ceilings
- Smoothing rough edges using belt sanders and smoothing wheels
- May coat, cut, etch, trim and treat glass to achieve special effects