ANZSCO code 272399
This occupation group covers Psychologists not elsewhere classified. Registration or licensing is required.
Skill Level 1
Occupations at Skill Level 1 have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- Australian Psychological Society (APS)
Occupation in NEC category
- Counselling Psychologist
- Sport Psychologist
Not elsewhere classified (nec) categories are used for known, discrete occupations which are not separately identified in ANZSCO Version 1.3 because of their lack of numerical significance in Australia or New Zealand. The occupation titles listed under nec categories are illustrative of the scope and range of occupations included in the nec category.
Unit Group 2723: Psychologists
Investigate, assess and provide treatment and counselling to foster optimal personal, social, educational and occupational adjustment and development.
Indicative Skill Level
In Australia and New Zealand: Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1). Registration or licensing may be required.
- Collecting data about clients and assessing their cognitive, behavioural and emotional disorders
- Administering and interpreting diagnostic tests and formulating plans for treatment
- Developing, administering and evaluating individual and group treatment programs
- Consulting with other professionals on details of cases and treatment plans
- Conducting research studies of motivation in learning, group performance and individual differences in mental abilities and educational performance
- Collecting data and analysing characteristics of students and recommending educational programs
- Formulating achievement, diagnostic and predictive tests for use by teachers in planning methods and content of instruction
- Developing interview techniques, psychological tests and other aids in workplace selection, placement, appraisal and promotion
- Conducting surveys and research studies on job design, work groups, morale, motivation, supervision and management
- Performing job analyses and establishing job requirements by observing and interviewing employees and managers
Other occupations in this Unit Group
- 272311: Clinical Psychologist
- 272312: Educational Psychologist
- 272313: Organisational Psychologist
- 272314: Psychotherapist