ANZSCO code 271311
Provides legal advice, prepares and drafts legal documents, and conducts negotiations on behalf of clients on matters associated with the law. Registration or licensing is required.
Skill Level 1
Occupations at Skill Level 1 have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- State or Territory Legal Admissions Authority (SLAA)
Unit Group 2713: Solicitors
Provide legal advice, prepare and draft legal documents, and conduct negotiations on behalf of clients on matters associated with the law.
Indicative Skill Level
In Australia and New Zealand: Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1). Registration or licensing is required.
- Interviewing clients to determine the nature of problems, and recommending and undertaking appropriate legal action
- Preparing cases for court by conducting investigations, undertaking research, arranging witness preparation and attendance, and giving notice of court actions
- Representing clients in court
- Managing conveyancing and other property matters by preparing contracts of sale, mortgage documents, lease documents and other documents relating to the transfer of land and buildings
- Preparing and critically reviewing contracts between parties
- Preparing wills
- Providing advice on family law, company law, partnerships, commercial law and trusts
- May act as trustee or guardian
- May act as executor of clients’ wills