ANZSCO code 232413
Plans, designs and develops the production of digitally delivered information, promotional content, instructional material and entertainment through online and recorded digital media using static and animated information, text, pictures, video and sound to produce information and entertainment tailored to an intended audience and purpose.
Skill Level 1
Occupations at Skill Level 1 have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- Vocational Education and Training Assessment Services (VETASSESS)
- Digital Media Designer
- Interactive Media Designer
Alternative titles are any commonly used alternative title (or titles) for the occupation. These alternative titles have the same meaning as the principal title but may be less commonly used.
- Instructional Designer
Specialisation titles are any commonly used titles which refer to a subset of jobs belonging to the occupation designated in the principal title. These jobs involve the performance of specialised tasks rather than the broader range of tasks usually performed in the occupation.
Unit Group 2324: Graphic and Web Designers, and Illustrators Description
Design information for visual and audio communication, publication and display using print, film, electronic, digital and other forms of visual and audio media.
Indicative Skill Level In Australia and New Zealand: Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
- Determining the objectives and constraints of the design brief by consulting with clients and stakeholders
- Undertaking research and analysing functional communication requirements
- Formulating design concepts for the subject to be communicated
- Preparing sketches, diagrams, illustrations and layouts to communicate design concepts
- Negotiating design solutions with clients, management, sales and production staff
- Selecting, specifying or recommending functional and aesthetic materials and media for publication, delivery or display
- Detailing and documenting the selected design for production
- Supervising or carrying out production in the chosen media
- May archive information for future client use
Other occupations in this Unit Group
- 232411: Graphic Designer
- 232412: Illustrator
- 232414: Web Designer