ANZSCO code 232112
Plans and designs land areas for projects such as open space networks, parks, schools, institutions, roads, external areas for all building types, land subdivisions, and commercial, industrial and residential sites.
Skill Level 1
Occupations at Skill Level 1 have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- Vocational Education and Training Assessment Services (VETASSESS)
Unit Group 2321: Architects and Landscape Architects
Design commercial, industrial, institutional, residential and recreational buildings and landscapes.
Indicative Skill Level
In Australia and New Zealand: Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1). Registration or licensing may be required.
- Obtaining advice from clients and management to determine type, style and size of planned buildings and alterations to existing buildings
- Providing information regarding designs, materials and estimated building times
- Preparing project documentation, including sketches and scale drawings, and integrating structural, mechanical and aesthetic elements in final designs
- Writing specifications and contract documents for use by builders and calling tenders on behalf of clients
- Consulting with Professionals and clients about external area designs, costs and construction
- Compiling and analysing site and community data about geographical and ecological features, landforms, soils, vegetation, site hydrology, visual characteristics and human-made structures, to formulate land use and development recommendations, and for preparing environmental impact statements
- Preparing reports, site plans, working drawings, specifications and cost estimates for land development, showing location and details of proposals, including ground modelling, structures, vegetation and access
- Inspecting construction work in progress to ensure compliance with plans, specifications and quality standards
Other occupations in this Unit Group
- 232111: Architect