ANZSCO code 212111
Determines and oversees implementation of artistic policies for a performing arts organisation such as a theatre company, dance company, music ensemble, festival or venue.
Skill Level 1
Occupations at Skill Level 1 have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- Assessing Authority
- Vocational Education and Training Assessment Services (VETASSESS)
Unit Group 2121: Artistic Directors, and Media Producers and Presenters
Plan, administer and review activities concerned with producing artistic media, determine artistic policies for performing arts organisations, prepare and present news, sports and other information, and conduct interviews and introduce music, performances and special events on radio and television.
Indicative Skill Level
In Australia and New Zealand: Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. Artistic Directors and Media Producers (excluding Video) require relevant experience in addition to the formal qualification. Radio and Television Presenters require high levels of creative talent or personal commitment and interest as well as, or in place of, formal qualifications and experience (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
- Managing artistic and media productions to meet quality, cost and timing specifications
- Formulating and developing organisations’ artistic policies and selecting and planning organisations’ artistic programs
- Hiring and managing artistic staff
- Controlling the use of media production facilities such as studios and editing equipment, stage and film equipment and rehearsal time
- Directing the formulation of media production strategies, policies and plans
- Introducing programs, music, entertainment items, guests and celebrities
- Preparing and reading news bulletins, making special announcements and providing commentary for sports and other events
- Presenting opinions on sports, politics, and social and economic matters
- Researching, investigating and compiling stories and programs