149311: Conference and Event Organiser
Organises and coordinates services for conferences, events, functions, banquets and seminars. Skill Level 2 Occupations at Skill Level 2 have a level of skill commensurate with one of the following: – NZ Register Diploma or – AQF Associate Degree, Advanced Diploma or Diploma. At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- Vocational Education and Training Assessment Services (VETASSESS)
- Event Management Consultant
Alternative titles are any commonly used alternative title (or titles) for the occupation. These alternative titles have the same meaning as the principal title but may be less commonly used.
- Event Manager
- Exhibition Organiser
- Wedding Coordinator
Specialisation titles are any commonly used titles which refer to a subset of jobs belonging to the occupation designated in the principal title. These jobs involve the performance of specialised tasks rather than the broader range of tasks usually performed in the occupation.
Unit Group 1493: Conference and Event Organisers
Organise and coordinate services for conferences, events, functions, banquets and seminars.
Indicative Skill Level
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below. In Australia: AQF Associate Degree, Advanced Diploma or Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2) In New Zealand: NZQF Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2) At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- Promoting conferences, conventions and trade shows to potential customers
- Responding to inquiries concerning services provided and costs for room and equipment hire, catering and related services
- Meeting with clients to discuss their needs and outlining package options to meet these needs
- Arranging and coordinating services, such as conference facilities, catering, signage, displays, audiovisual equipment, accommodation, transport and social events, for participants
- Organising registration of participants
- Negotiating the type and costs of services to be provided within budget
- Overseeing work by contractors and reporting on variations to work orders