ANZSCO code 134213
Primary Health Organisation Manager
Plans, organises, directs, controls and coordinates a primary health organisation that provides a broad range of out-of-hospital health services. Skill Level 1 Occupations at Skill Level 1 have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- Vocational Education and Training Assessment Services (VETASSESS)
Unit Group 1342: Health and Welfare Services Managers
Plan, organise, direct, control and coordinate the professional and administrative aspects of health and welfare programs and services. Nurse Managers are excluded from this unit group. Nurse Managers are included in Unit Group 2543 Nurse Managers.
Indicative Skill Level
In Australia and New Zealand: Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification and at least five years of relevant experience. In some instances relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1). Registration or licensing may be required.
- Providing overall direction and management for the service, facility, organisation or centre
- Developing, implementing and monitoring procedures, policies and standards for medical, nursing, allied health and administrative staff
- Coordinating and administering health and welfare programs and clinical services
- Monitoring and evaluating resources devoted to health, welfare, recreation, housing, employment, training and other community facilities and centres
- Controlling administrative operations such as budget planning, report preparation, expenditure on supplies, equipment and services
- Liaising with other health and welfare providers, boards and funding bodies to discuss areas of health and welfare service cooperation and coordination
- Advising government bodies about measures to improve health and welfare services and facilities
- Representing the organisation in negotiations, and at conventions, seminars, public hearings and forums