133512: Production Manager (Manufacturing)
Plans, organises, directs, controls and coordinates the manufacturing activities of an organisation including physical and human resources. Skill Level 1 Occupations at Skill Level 1 have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- Vocational Education and Training Assessment Services (VETASSESS)
- Operations Manager (Production)
- Plant Manager (Manufacturing)
- Works Manager (Manufacturing)
Specialisation titles are any commonly used titles which refer to a subset of jobs belonging to the occupation designated in the principal title. These jobs involve the performance of specialised tasks rather than the broader range of tasks usually performed in the occupation.
Unit Group 1335: Production Managers
Plan, organise, direct, control and coordinate the production activities of forestry, manufacturing and mining organisations including physical and human resources.
Indicative Skill Level
In Australia and New Zealand: Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
- Determining, implementing and monitoring production strategies, policies and plans
- Planning details of production activities in terms of output quality and quantity, cost, time available and labour requirements
- Controlling the operation of production plant and quality procedures through planning of maintenance, designation of operating hours and supply of parts and tools
- Monitoring production output and costs, and adjusting processes and resources to minimise costs
- Informing other Managers about production matters
- Overseeing the acquisition and installation of new plant and equipment
- Directing research into production methods, and recommending and implementing initiatives
- Controlling the preparation of production records and reports
- Coordinating the implementation of occupational health and safety requirements
- Directing staff activities and monitoring their performance
Other occupations in this Unit Group
- 133511: Production Manager (Forestry)
- 133513: Production Manager (Mining)