ANZSCO code 121213
Fruit or Nut Grower
Plans, organises, controls, coordinates and performs farming operations to grow fruit and nuts.
Skill Level 1
Occupations at Skill Level 1 have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- Vocational Education and Training Assessment Services (VETASSESS)
- Market Gardener (Fruit) (Aus)
- Olive Grower
Specialisation titles are any commonly used titles which refer to a subset of jobs belonging to the occupation designated in the principal title. These jobs involve the performance of specialised tasks rather than the broader range of tasks usually performed in the occupation.
Unit Group 1212: Crop Farmers
Plan, organise, control, coordinate and perform farming operations to grow crops.
Indicative Skill Level In Australia and New Zealand: Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
- Planning and coordinating the production and marketing of crops, such as grain, cotton, sugar cane, fruit and nuts, vegetables, turf and flowers, from soil preparation to harvest taking into account environmental and market factors
- Selecting and planting seeds, seedlings and bulbs, and grafting new varieties to root stocks
- Maintaining crop production by cultivating, de-budding and pruning, and maintaining optimal growing conditions
- Organising and conducting farming operations, such as collecting, storing, grading and packaging produce, and organising the sale, purchase and despatch of produce
- Directing and overseeing general farming activities such as fertilising and pest and weed control
- Maintaining farm buildings, fences, equipment and water supply systems
- Maintaining and evaluating records of farming activities, monitoring market activity, and planning crop preparation and production to meet contract requirements and market demand
- Managing business capital including budgeting, taxation, debt and loan management
- May select, train and supervise staff and contractors
Other occupations in this Unit Group
- 121211: Cotton Grower
- 121212: Flower Grower
- 121214: Grain, Oilseed or Pasture Grower / Field Crop Grower
- 121215: Grape Grower
- 121216: Mixed Crop Farmer
- 121217: Sugar Cane Grower
- 121218: Turf Grower
- 121221: Vegetable Grower (Aus) / Market Gardener (NZ)
- 121299: Crop Farmers nec