4313 – Non-commissioned ranks of the Canadian Armed Forces
Non-commissioned ranks of the Canadian Armed Forces (NCOs) or members of other non-commissioned ranks provide collective defence measures to protect Canadian waters, land, airspace and other interests. All ranks of non-commissioned officers and members in the air force, army, and navy are included in this unit group.
Index of titles
- Able seaman – armed forces
- Armour defence gunner
- Armoured soldier
- Artillery soldier
- Assault pioneer
- Chief petty officer first class
- Chief petty officer second class
- Chief warrant officer
- Combat engineer
- Infantry soldier
- Leading seaman
- Master corporal
- Master seaman
- Master warrant officer
- Military police officer
- Military policeman/woman
- Naval acoustics operator
- Naval electronics technician – armed forces
- Ordinary seaman – armed forces
- Petty officer first class
- Petty officer second class
- Private recruit
- Reconnaissance patrolman
- Warrant officer
This group performs some or all of the following duties:
- Operate armoured vehicles, artillery, hand-held weapons and other military combat equipment and defence systems
- Conduct peacekeeping operations and enforce cease-fire agreements
- Engage in non-combat operations for humanitarian efforts
- Provide assistance in emergency situations, such as civil disorder, natural disasters and major accidents
- Participate in drills and other training in preparation for peacekeeping, combat and natural disaster relief duties
- Perform administrative and guard duties.
Personnel in this unit group are assigned to specific operations related to reconnaissance, peacekeeping, disaster relief and combat.
- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- Three months of basic military training are provided.
- Specialized training in the operation and maintenance of military equipment and systems is provided.
- Progression to commissioned officer occupations is possible with additional training and experience.
- Commissioned officers of the Canadian Armed Forces (0433)