3221 – Denturists
Denturists examine patients and design, construct and repair removable dentures. Most denturists work in private practice.
Index of titles
- Apprentice dental mechanic
- Dental mechanic
- Dental mechanic apprentice
- Denture mechanic
- Denture technician
- Denture therapist
- Student dental mechanic
- Student denturist
This group performs some or all of the following duties:
- Measure patients’ jaws to determine size and shape of dentures required
- Make impressions of patients’ teeth, gums and jaws
- Design and construct dentures or direct other workers to construct dentures
- Insert, fit and modify new dentures
- Repair dentures
- Reline, rebase and adjust dentures
- Fabricate mouth protectors, anti-snoring prostheses and removable prostheses on implants
- May order radiographs
- May prepare partial dentures
- May perform denture whitening and cleaning.
- Completion of a two- or three-year college program in denturism/denturology is required.
- An internship in a registered denture clinic may be required.
- Licensing by a provincial or territorial regulatory body is required.
- Dental assistants (3411)
- Dental hygienists and dental therapists (3222)
- Dental technologists, technicians and laboratory assistants (3223)
- Dentists (3113)